Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Uncle Louie

Yesterday I went to the Lowes Home Improvement Store.  I was in the outside garden area that held tons of flowering plants, shrubs and trees.  It was mid morning and the place was pretty dead.  I was walking down an aisle of shrubs and I saw a stunning guy walking my way.  He was early 30's, probably 32-34  years of age, trim and well tanned.  He was wearing flip flops, shorts and a T Shirt. He was probably 5'6" with a well proportioned, trim body. I really like smaller guys, especially when topping.  He had a really handsome face, beautiful skin and thick brown hair with a hair cut that was not done at "Great Clips".  The most noticeable feature though was that he was holding the hand of a handsome, well cared for,  4 year old boy.  The child was clean, well mannered, well dressed and obviously was destined for a great life as a young man who had all of the qualities of his superior gene pool and upbringing.  As this "father and son" and I passed, he looked directly into my eyes and said "Hi, how are you".  I basically said the same thing at the same time as my heart started beating wildly.
I was kind of sad as I felt like James Blunt in his song YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL.  A song which chronicles a fleeting glimpse of a stranger and the knowledge that she (he) is your soul mate, but that it will never come to pass. I went into the inside area of the store and grabbed a gallon of weed killer then went back to the outdoor garden area to pay for it.  As I headed for the outdoor cash register I saw the handsome father and son, looking at a little waterfall.  My most direct route to the cash register would not take me by them. I made a little detour so that I would pass by them again.  As I approached closer, I noticed a pregnant lady, around 30 years old standing around 8 feet from them.  She was attractive and was probably 7 months pregnant.  She was wearing dark sunglasses.  I assumed that she was the wife of the gorgeous guy and the mother of the 4 year old.  I also assumed that I would never see this trio again and I really couldn't take my eyes off of the father.  I was not as discrete in checking out the father as I normally would have been. I had the distinct feeling that the mother knew that I was checking out the father.  I felt that strongly.  My path was leading me between the father with the son and the mother was on the other side of the aisle. Right as I started to get between the happy family the mother said to the son "Matt, listen to your Uncle Louie".  I truly felt like the mother was letting me know that "Louie" was not the father and was probably gay.
I didn't follow up on this though, as I wasn't sure if he was interested in me or not.  I played a fantasy in my mind that he had told his sister about us having a very brief encounter and she was trying to help things along.
After I paid for my weed killer, I looked over my shoulder and "Louie" glanced my way.  I guess it was an opportunity lost.  I could have lost myself over this guy.  It was a really strong attraction on my part.  He is a guy who could be my soul mate, or who could seriously break my heart. Hopefully I will see him again.
"Louie" (real name)  if by some slim chance, you are reading this, let me know.  Nobody would be any better to you than I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment